Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cycles of Feasting and Fasting


Kacy, a new convert and new bride has a most excellent post regarding food over at Meandering Home. The cycles of feasting and fasting in the Catholic Church is something I have grown to love over the past three years. She references Babette's Feast which has been one of my favorite movies, next to Buckaroo Bonzai and the Adventures from the 8th Dimension. (Buckaroo was a race car driver, neurosurgeon and lead guitarist in a rock band, but I digress)

"In summary, we are brought closer to God through eating because we are reminded of our dependence on Him. The family meal brings to mind the Eucharist, as we share food as a community. Finally, the cycles of feasting and fasting keep us from becoming too attached to creation while letting us enjoy the good things God has given to us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis